Company: Cresco Labs Website: www.mindysedibles.com Introduced: December 2019 Product Snapshot: James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal has always been inspired by the abundant fresh produce in California farmer’s markets. With this new gummy line, she wanted to bring the feeling of walking through farmer’s markets to cannabis consumers. Mindy’s gummies are precisely dosed, combining distinctive, premium ingredients with iconic flavor combinations. Available in California and Illinois, the six new flavors of gummies are all vegetarian and non-GMO. Lush Black Cherry: Rich and luscious, like jars . . . Learn about Mindy's Edibles including who they are, their products, and where you can find them. After a full year of consuming and reviewing edibles, I’m a bit surprised I have not reviewed any Mindy’s Chef Led Artisanal Edibles by Cresco Labs. I’ve consumed plenty. So for Valentine’…
Mindy’s Cannabis-Infused Gummies
Available in California and Illinois, the six new varieties are vegetarian, non-GMO.
Company: Cresco Labs
Introduced: December 2019
Product Snapshot: James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal has always been inspired by the abundant fresh produce in California farmer’s markets. With this new gummy line, she wanted to bring the feeling of walking through farmer’s markets to cannabis consumers. Mindy’s gummies are precisely dosed, combining distinctive, premium ingredients with iconic flavor combinations. Available in California and Illinois, the six new flavors of gummies are all vegetarian and non-GMO.
- Lush Black Cherry: Rich and luscious, like jars of cherries soaked in cabernet and Luxardo, with hints of orange and vanilla. Available in 20-ct. tins with 100mg THC and 100mg CBD. Each piece contains 5mg THC and 5mg CBD.
- Glazed Clementine Orange: Deep, rich, intense orange flavor, with notes of kumquat, clementine and candied orange rind. Available in 20-ct. tins with 100mg THC, each piece containing 5mg THC, and 50-ct. pouches with 100mg THC, each piece containing 2mg THC.
- Cool Key Lime Kiwi: Key lime pie meets creamy, tropical kiwi. Tart and bright with a balanced flavor — summer sorbet with a hint of banana. Available in 20-ct. tins with 100mg THC, each piece containing 5mg THC, and 50-ct. pouches with 100mg THC, each piece containing 2mg THC.
- Honey Sweet Melon: Bright, clean and refreshing yet earthy. Flavors of honeydew and cantaloupe with a touch of honey. Balanced with slight fruity-floral lychee notes. Available in 20-ct. tins with 40mg THC and 40mg CBD. Each piece contains 2mg THC and 2mg CBD.
- Botanical White Grapefruit: Fresh and clean like a grapefruit cocktail — sour and lip-smacking with an essence of gin botanicals. Available in 20-ct. tins with 40mg THC. Each piece contains 2mg THC.
- Freshly Picked Berries: Flavors of just-picked sweet strawberries and blueberries with mulberries and huckleberries from the Pacific Northwest. Jam-like with a touch of orange blossom. Available in 20-ct. tins with 40mg THC. Each piece contains 2mg THC.
Want more legal cannabis market news and information?
Join Cannabis Products on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn today!
James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal has partnered with Cresco Labs to create perfectly-dosed, delicious edibles. Chef Segal carefully crafts gummies in Glazed Clementine Orange, Cool Keylime Kiwi, Lush Black Cherry, Freshly Picked Berries, Honey Sweet Melon and Botanical White Grapefruit flavor options, and chocolates in Caramelized Chocolate Marshmallow Graham, Milk Chocolate & Peanut Brittle and Dark Chocolate Almond Toffee flavors. These iconic flavors are curated with thoughtful ingredients, utilizing chef-led quality and precision dosing.
Looking for a consistent edible experience? Find premium cannabis cuisine at a dispensary near you.
Get good reads, local deals, and strain spotlights delivered right to your inbox.
* Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for individual medical advice.
Illinois News Joint
Illinois News Joint is the premier resource for the Illinois cannabis industry
Review: Mindy’s Artisanal Edibles by Cresco
After a full year of consuming and reviewing edibles, I’m a bit surprised I have not reviewed any Mindy’s Chef Led Artisanal Edibles by Cresco Labs. I’ve consumed plenty. So for Valentine’s Day, I chose and old favorite gummy and a re-launched chocolate to review: Mindy’s Lush Black Cherry Gummies and Mindy’s Caramelized Chocolate Marshmallow Graham.
Lush Black Cherry
The old favorite was the Lush Black Cherry 1:1 Gummies that I picked up at NuEra Urbana. The white tin container stored twenty gummies. Each gummy contained the 1:1 ratio of 5mg of THC and 5mg of CBD. The red gummies were coated in sugar crystals and emitted a delicate cherry aroma that matched their flavor.
As with all Mindy’s edibles, the flavors were more pronounced and natural tasting. With these gummies, the black cherry sweetness was countered with a slight tartness that kept the gummies from becoming overwhelmingly sugary. As someone who does not enjoy extremely tart or sweet gummies, I found these to be a perfect balance.
Along with the consistent flavors, I can count on Mindy’s consistent effects. As demonstrated with my choices of edibles to review, I also prefer 1:1 edibles, because my muscles respond well to the CBD and the added body buzz and relaxation.
I find the 5mg of dosing to be beneficial not because I microdose but because for certain treatment of muscle pain and cramps, I prefer 25mg of THC and CBS, which allows me relief while still being able to function. Gummies containing 10mg of THC and CBS sometimes miss my sweet spot. And I don’t want to cut a gummy in half.
Caramelized Chocolate Marshmallow Graham
For something new from Mindy’s edible line, I chose from Sunnyside Champaign the Caramelized Chocolate Marshmallow Graham Bar from. The re-launched chocolate bar line also included Dark Chocolate Almond Toffee and Milk Chocolate & Peanut Brittle. Of course, I went straight for the 1:1.
The entire caramelized white chocolate was measured into ten pieces. But of course, Mindy’s edibles always offer more. Nestled to the top of the chocolate were crunchy graham crackers and mini marshmallows. The delicious graham crackers tasted great as expected. The marshmallows has the texture of Lucky Charms marshmallows but looked more of the tiny marshmallows that came in the hot chocolate packets when I was a kid.
With graham crackers and mini marshmallows stuck to the backside of the chocolate bar, breaking the pieces off the bar was a little more difficult and messy than usual. Messy or not, the blend of creamy chocolate and crunchy graham crackers and marshmallows provided me with a more dynamic tasting treat than just a chocolate bar or my standard gummies.
The cerebral effect of these 1:1 edibles, as always, did not take me to lala land but rather delivered a consistent cerebral and body effects that allowed me to function mentally and physically with lower doses or medicate heavily for a heavier buzz with higher doses. These two edibles also greatly boosted my appetite, especially later in the buzz.
Overall, the edibles for this review, as with all the Mindy’s edibles I’ve sampled, were consistent in dosing with way better than average flavor. Mindy’s has built my expectations for a reliable edible, and to this point, the brand has not disappointed.
For more ILNJ reviews, click here.
FDA Disclaimer: The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product.
Effects & Medical Attributes are based on anecdotal evidence. Individual experiences can be varied.