CBD Gummies Death

CBDISTILLERY

Buy CBD Oil Online

Damilola Olakanmi, 23, was rushed to hospital where she sadly died after eating a single 'Trrlli Peachie O', with shocked neighbours saying they initially thought a chemical leak was to blame 23-year-old from Ilford and friend ate ‘gummy’ synthetic cannabinoid from packet bought via message app, police say An AP investigation shows that a troubling number of CBD products are spiked with synthetic marijuana, which can cause comas, psychotic behavior, and death.

Student who died after eating ‘cannabis gummy’ heard wailing in pain by neighbours

A law student who died after eating just one suspected cannabis gummy was heard “wailing” in pain moments after eating the sweet, shocked neighbours said.

Damilola Olakanmi, 23, bought the ‘gummies’ through a messaging app and they were delivered to her home in Ilford, east London, where she fell ill last Tuesday (March 29).

She was rushed by air ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, at around 11.30pm, but died four days later on April 2.

A 21-year-old friend who was visiting from the US was also taken ill after having just one of the sweets police suspect was laced with cannabis. She has now been discharged from hospital.

Police launched an investigation, with fears a dangerous batch of the psychoactive drug branded as “Trrlli Peachie O’s” could be circulating.

Several aghast residents feared there had been a chemical leak after seeing the woman surrounded by paramedics in hazmat suits.

One man, who lived nearby but wished to remain anonymous, said: “At around midnight, I heard a girl wailing and saw her surrounded by emergency services in hazmat suits.

“We were led to believe that it was a chemical leak. It’s very sad she lost her life.”

Leon Brown, 37, of South Norwood, south London, was arrested on Friday and charged with possession with intent to supply Class B synthetic cannabinoid, supplying a synthetic cannabinoid and possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance.

At Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, he appeared in the dock where he was remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court next month.

Another neighbour added: “I saw the girl being taken into an ambulance at midnight.

“The community only found out the cause of death in recent days.”

One woman who lived in the same street described her as a very “nice” and “pleasant” girl.

See also  Which CBD Oil Is Best For High Blood Pressure

She said she was very shocked and saddened to hear the news, adding: “They [Damilola and her mother] were just new in the area, I heard the ambulances at around midnight and was very sad to find out who it was.”

A family nearby said that they only heard the news of her passing on Monday through word of mouth.

The woman said: “We saw an ambulance and fire brigade but were unsure of the cause until now.”

A special post-mortem examination is due to take place to ascertain the exact cause of death.

Police are also carrying out tests on sweets which were found at the scene, which had “Trrlli Peachie O’s” branding.

Detectives are urgently trying to identify any other cases where Londoners have become seriously unwell after eating cannabis sweets, gummies or similar products.

Scotland Yard said officers are aware of one potentially linked case, in which a woman was taken ill at the start of last month after eating a cannabis sweet in Tower Hamlets, east London.

She was taken to hospital and later discharged, the Met Police said.

Enquiries are ongoing to establish whether this sweet was part of the batch of sweets associated with the Ilford death.

Ch Supt Stuart Bell, who polices Redbridge borough, said: “I must warn the public against taking any illegal substances, including those packaged in the form of cannabis sweets.

“Please do not buy or consume these products.

“They are illegal and, because of the child-friendly packaging, they can pose a risk of accidental consumption.

“The particular batch of sweets were contained in packaging featuring ‘Trrlli Peachie O’s’ branding.

“It has not been confirmed at this stage where the sweets were manufactured.

“Drug dealers harm communities and risk the safety of individuals.

“We will take positive action to target those engaged in this activity as well as those found in possession of these substances.”

Woman dies in east London after eating ‘cannabis sweet’

A woman has died in east London after eating a suspected “cannabis sweet”.

The 23-year-old from Ilford bought the “gummies” via a messaging app on her phone and they were delivered to her home in Ilford on 29 March, the Metropolitan police said. The sweets came in packaging branded “Trrlli Peachie O’s”.

See also  CBD Gummies 1000mg

The woman and her 21-year-old friend ate one each and immediately became ill. Paramedics were called to the house on the same night, and the two women were taken to hospital.

Despite treatment the 23-year-old, who has not yet been named, died on 2 April. A postmortem is still to take place. Her friend has been discharged from hospital.

Leon Brown, 37, from Croydon, has been charged with possession with intent to supply a class B synthetic cannabidoid, being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid and possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance. He was arrested on Friday in connection with the death.

Scotland Yard said he was found in possession of a large quantity of money and what were believed to be edible cannabis products. He was to appear at Barkingside magistrates court on Monday.

Some of the sweets have been recovered and are now being tested. Officers believe the case could be linked to another incident in March in which a woman was taken to hospital after eating a cannabis sweet in nearby Tower Hamlets.

She has since been discharged, but an investigation is under way to find out whether the sweet was from the same batch involved in the Ilford death, and to examine whether there are any other similar incidents.

Ch Supt Stuart Bell said: “I must warn the public against taking any illegal substances, including those packaged in the form of cannabis sweets.”

He urged people to come forward with any information about people selling similar products.

Parents have previously been warned about sweets laced with cannabis after they found their way into the hands of children.

Two 13-year-old boys were taken to hospital in Merseyside in July last year after eating sweets, and detectives in Greater Manchester told parents to be on alert during Halloween season trick-or-treating.

The headline and standfirst of this article was amended on 4 April 2022 to clarify that the sweet was believed to be a synthetic cannabinoid.

Some CBD Tainted With Substance That Causes Death, Comas, Insanity

Thanks to patchwork regulation, a number of CBD products contain stuff that could cause a psychotic episode — or even kill you.

A troubling trend: vapes and other products advertised as containing CBD are actually spiked with synthetic marijuana, a dangerous drug that’s been linked with deaths, serious hospitalizations, and psychosis.

See also  Best CBD Oil Royal CBD

Poring over a collection of police records and the findings of its own investigation into CBD products, The Associated Press found that many products labeled as CBD products only contain trace amounts of the chemical, which advocates claim treats a range of medical maladies.

But many contained dangerous synthetic marijuana — and tracking down the perpetrators meant leaping down a rabbit hole of weak government regulations and shady business practices.

In a separate report, the AP found that 128 of the 350 CBD products tested by American law enforcement agencies contained synthetic marijuana, as did ten of the 30 tested by the AP.

“It’s Russian roulette,” James Neal-Kababick told the AP. He’s the director of Flora Research Laboratories, which the AP commissioned to run the tests CBD products. Synthetic marijuana poses an ongoing problem that’s unrelated to recent cases of a mysterious “vape lung” illness.

The AP also profiled cases like one in which a college student fell into a coma after two hits of a spiked CBD vape. In Utah, that same brand hospitalized 33 people. In another case, an eight-year-old boy was hospitalized when his parents tried to treat his seizures with spiked CBD oil. In Europe, the synthetic marijuana that popped up in the AP‘s investigation has killed 11. In those and other cases investigated by the AP, the products’ packaging made no mention of synthetic marijuana.

The FDA is in charge of regulating CBD because it’s approved at least one pharmaceutical that uses the drug as an active ingredient. A spokesperson told the AP that if synthetic marijuana is found in a product, it becomes the DEA’s problem. But a DEA spokesperson told the AP that synthetic marijuana is a low priority for the agency.

“As long as it remains unregulated like it currently is,” Virginia Commonwealth University researcher Michelle Peace told the AP, “you just give a really wide space for nefarious activity to continue.”

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 3 / 5. Vote count: 1

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.